Monday, October 01, 2007

The end of an Asia

So that wraps up the Asian leg of the trip. How's it been? An experience from start to finish. I was totally unprepared for what was involved but then you can't really prepare for the everyday life here until you live it.
China was a bit dodgy sometimes but incredibly interesting and exciting in a way. Japan was probably the highlight, along with the real surprise of the islands of Thailand. I forgot to mention we also saw the island where 'The Beach' was filmed and that we slept to the sound of croaking frogs that sounded like a group of cows had surrounded our cabin. I never knew they could be soo loud! Kuala Lumpur and Singapore were both good and are definitely worth a stopover.
All in all I'd go back to most places, China last but I'm glad we went.
At this point we were ready for Australia and a bit of normality. Or so we thought.

No comments: